Haters War Haters War

There is a ton of visual lag, including when the guy is talking to you in the tutorial. It's painful enough that I have to suffer the horrible jokes, let alone having to wait for him to finish moving his lips like he's been overdubbed.

Can You Beat It? Can You Beat It?

Where do I start...

The engine is a little bit too touchy. Even adding a little bit of friction to movement would have made the controls a bit more comfortable.
As well, music would have made this game way better.
I know you wanted to keep the file size down, but it would have been nice to even have a nice ambient track in the background so that the player isn't sitting in utter silence.

Stickman91 responds:

I definitely see what you mean by "touchy." The motions are quite abrupt, although I like them in this case, as they enhance the challenge. But you make a good point; the inclusion of horizontal friction would provide a more comfortable playing experience.

As for the lack of music, I know it might turn some players off, but look at it this way: You can play the game along with whatever audio track you like. :)

This is a great review. Thanks!

Super Bully Fighter Super Bully Fighter

Funny...

but this flash doesn't really add anything to the original idea. You are depending on the fact that people have watched this video previously, because without premise, a person would not get the joke behind this. Good comedy does not entirely rely on something else's notoriety to make it funny.

Meaty Boner Meaty Boner

What a dull game.

The fact that every single level is basically the same is kind of a boner kill. If the levels had more variety, then maybe this game would be playable, but other than that, it's like watching grass grow. Even the AI is poorly programmed. All the enemies are gathered at one side of each pit trying to get you, but because they can't jump, they just stand there. It makes it too easy to beat enemies when they all gather in the exact same spot. In addition, there doesn't seem to be any incentive to kill enemies other than the werewolves, because you don't really gain anything from them. Even a crude score system would have been fine.

tldr; The game was really boring and easy and could use a lot of improvement.

Monkey See Monkey Saw Monkey See Monkey Saw

Very Nostagic

Of course, this game is fun and reminds me of my youth, but it gets really same-y really fast.

The ability to switch directions, upgrade the chainsaw, or obtain new weapons would have put a lot of replay value into this game. In addition, a bigger play field would have benefited this flash, because the sprites are so big.

Finally, if you accidentally right-click, the monkey can travel outside of the screen, making it invulnerable to any enemies. This glitch is a bit of a problem considering the fact that I'm beating the entire game while writing this review. In fact, I'm not even paying attention to the game itself.

The Snow Runs Red The Snow Runs Red

Fairly addicting.

This game is quite entertaining. There is a lot of blood, and an upgrade system that kept me interested.

But on the other hand, the 8-direction aiming was implemented strangely. It is difficult to aim when there is only 8 directions to snap to. if you were to aim in the direction you were walking or if you had dedicated buttons on the keyboard for shooting in a certain direction that would have been much better.

In addition, the weapons leave much to be desired. Don't get me wrong, some of the weapons were enjoyable (ex. Saw Blades), but such things as the Double Shot and Grenade Launcher are redundant weapons when you already have a Shotgun and a Rocket Launcher.

One Chance One Chance

Beautiful...

This was well executed and the realization that you can't reply it again to change the outcome makes this game that much more deep. Good job =)

NG Audio Bridge NG Audio Bridge

Innovative...

As an artist, I appreciate how this give exposure to the people who submit to the audio portal.

As well, giving users the choice to opt out of things within this flash is a nice touch.

gumOnShoe responds:

Glad you like it.

Hide Yah Kids! Hide Yah Kids!

LOL

This game was hilarious!!! Best if you see this as humor and not as a true game though.

Bus Hostage by Policeman Bus Hostage by Policeman

Terrible.

Even though you had such a short time frame, it still doesn't excuse you from this atrocity.

First of all, the miss counter only counts when you do not shoot a policeman.
This is quite frustrating considering the police sometimes don't lift their heads enough to expose there faces and that there are 10 other policeman doing the same at the same time.

Second of all, why is there a timer counting down from an hour? The game, being nauseatingly repetitive, would not be played by anyone for that long. In fact, the timer does not even correlate with the time frame of the hostage situation (12 hours). Where did this hour come from?

Finally, the English in this game is painful. If you cannot use the English language correctly, don't use sentences. Stick to a phrase or a single word to convey a point.

I hope that this review helps you improve any future flash games you decide to make.